Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Spice

Fall is in the air here.  It has been blustery and cold this week, so I've been keeping warm with some time in the kitchen.  I have a fabulous recipe coming up for a fresh take on pumpkin pie but in order to make that I needed some pumpkin pie spice.  I can't even count the times that I have wanted to make a recipe but couldn't because I had no pumpkin pie spice.  Well, that's no longer going to stand in my way as I can now make my own.  Hooray!!

Pumpkin Pie Spice
(from Baking Bites)

1/4 cup cinnamon
2 tablespoons ginger
2 teaspoons cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cardamom

*Mix it all together and store in an airtight container.

I omitted the cloves because I don't like them and the cardamom because I don't have any.  This tasted so yummy in the recipe I used it in.  Baking Bites also has a recipe for Apple Pie Spice which I'm sure would be great also.

Enjoy!
-C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!