Friday, September 21, 2012

Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies

I'm in love.  Fall is in the air and Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away.  This has me thinking of all things pumpkin.  I came across these fabulous looking Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes on Pinterest.  I've renamed them because to me they are tiny crustless pumpkin pies.  I love these because I'm not a fan of pie crusts!  These are a bit less creamy than real pumpkin pie but not in a bad way.  My kids both loved these.

Photo by me.
Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies
(from Baking Bites)
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup half and half or evaporated milk
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
*Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
*In a separate bowl whisk together pumpkin, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
*Whisk dry into wet until combined.
*Fill each muffin liner with 1/3 cup batter.
*Bake 20 minutes.
*Pies will be puffy when you remove them from the oven and will sink as they cool.  Cool in the tin and then refrigerate before serving.
*Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.

Enjoy!
-C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!