Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins

I have been itching to dig into the big box of apples I brought home from my parents farm a few weeks ago but unseasonably warm weather has stopped me from doing anything productive or fall-like in the kitchen.  The weather today took a tiny (as in it is not above 25 degrees) turn towards fall, so I decided to turn on the oven and peel some apples.  I am glad that I did!!  As I took my first bite of these muffins that embody fall, I may have cooled off a few degrees!  The kids really enjoyed these too, although I did skip the pecans in theirs as G's school is nut free.



Image by me, can't you tell?

Apple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
  • 1.5 cups pumpkin
  • 0.5 cups oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1.5 cups brown sugar
  • 0.75 cups white sugar
  • 0.5 teaspoon maple flavoring
  • 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2.25 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half white)
  • 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 0.75 teaspoons baking soda
  • 0.75 teaspoons salt
  • 1.5 cups apples, peeled and chopped
  • 0.75 cup pecans
*Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl.
*Mix dry ingredients in a smaller bowl.
*Add dry into wet.  Add apples and nuts.
*Scoop into greased muffin tins or liners (3/4 full).
*Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian readers!!

-C :)

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!