Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mexican Fiesta Chicken

This is one of my all time favorite meals.  I love the spiciness of the salsa and taco seasoning combined with the sweetness of the corn and the creaminess of the cream cheese.  It definitely ticks all my boxes for what is required for a good meal.  To top it all off, it is super versatile as it can be used as a dip or a sauce for rice and it is easy to throw in the crock pot.

Not the best picture but you get the idea!

Mexican Fiesta Chicken
(by no means is this an original recipe, but I have adapted it over the years and seen it in so many places that I no longer remember the source!)
  • 1-1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (breasts, thighs, anything)
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning
  • 1-2 cups corn
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 block cream cheese (8oz)
*Place all ingredients except the cream cheese in a crock pot.
*Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
*Dice up the cream cheese and scatter on top for the last 30 minutes.  Before serving stir to mix.
*Serve over rice or with taco chips for dipping.

I have used chicken pieces for this in the past and then just pulled them out and de-boned them and chopped the meat.  I now prefer to dice the chicken small and then I just have to serve it.  If I double this recipe I use a can of tomato sauce instead of doubling the salsa.

Enjoy!
-C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!