I was very impressed with the taste of this dish. I was even more impressed with Sam and Gabriel's reaction... They GOBBLED it up! Score!
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- milk or cream or half and half
2. While draining the pasta melt the butter in the cooking pot.
3. Add pasta back in and stir to coat with butter.
4. Sprinkle with parmesan (add more if needed).
5. Pour in some milk (start with 1/4 cup) and stir. Keep adding milk until a creamy sauce is made. Leave on warm burner to heat.
6. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
The recipe is open for play. I didn't measure as I was cooking, so definitely taste as you are going along. You could add some parsley for color or go crazy and saute some onions and garlic. I needed something quick so I just stuck to the basics.
The boys ate this too fast to take a picture of! I'll re-post with a picture once I make it again.