Thursday, January 6, 2011

Microwave Popcorn

Did you know that you can make popcorn in your microwave?  I don't mean the store bought kind with the nasty fake butter, I mean real popcorn kernels, no chemicals.  After I made this the first time I was amazed that I had been fooled all those years into making fake store bought popcorn!

Since moving out on my own, popcorn has become a staple in my diet.  At one time in my life, while living with 3 other girls, our microwave used to make 4 bags of popcorn in an evening!  After the news came out about microwave popcorn containing cancer causing chemicals, I shuddered to think how many of those chemical I ingested over the years.  With the discovery of this recipe I could once again enjoy microwave popcorn without the worry of what I was doing to my body!


Image from Ayelie on Flicker

Microwave Popcorn
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
  • paper bag (I just grab an extra one each time I buy mushrooms!)
  • tape
*Place the popcorn kernels in the paper bag.  Fold the top up a few times and tape the edge down.
*Place in the microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes.  Listen carefully and once the popcorn popping slows down to a few pops at a time, then take it out.
*Open the bag, drizzle with a little melted butter or your favorite toppings and ENJOY!

Pop away people!

-Carla :)

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!